Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Online Writing

There is a weird element about online writing.

At this very second, there is infinity all around you. An infinite distance between you and everything you know. By extension, writing online feels the same way.

I can only get so many people to read this blog, where I divulge a few thoughts on things in my life. When I put a blog post out there into the internet, it gets lost in a bottomless void along with the other infinite amount of data bits being funneled everywhere.

In essence, because I can never get all of my writing to everyone, most of the time I will be writing only to myself. But I still have to write so that if someone does read it, it's not boring; it's easy to read and understand; it makes people feel OK.

I didn't know what this blog would be about at first. But then I realized, there was infinity all around me.

This blog will be everything and anything I can come up with. I think I will be able to come up with enough interesting topics to satisfy anyone who does show up.

I have another blog called The Magic Notebook. It has random short stories, poems, and idea fragments that I come up with randomly. It's like a rich man's twitter account, I like to think.

-h

No comments:

Post a Comment