Sunday, February 2, 2014

First Resolutions Update

I think every two weeks is enough time to give a progress report of how I've been doing, and it drives me to continue to get better.


Finish First Novel: Nope. Haven't touched it yet, but I have some more ideas about how to make the final product better. Also got Dragon, which will make the process of transferring from analog to digital easier.

First Draft of Second Novel: Not till the summer. Again, picked up new insights.

Poetry Contest: No progress, but I still got a month.

Short Story Collection: Put on hold until the Fall, but I'm using the title (Everyone Knows This is Nowhere) for a different, more immediate project.

Land an Agent: Haven't tried yet.

Gain between Ten and Twenty pounds: Very surprised by this, but with my new diet and exercise I've already gained five pounds. My new goal is to pass twenty pounds (185-190 lbs).

Get a 4.0 GPA: Still early in the year, but so far so good.

Rack up between fifty and a hundred rejections for my work: I've been rejected about two or three times so far.

Get a 30 or better on the MCAT: I'm taking a practice exam this Saturday, which will give me a better picture of where I'm at. I also enrolled in an MCAT course.

Read Infinite Jest in a one month: Haven't attempted this and probably won't until the summer (at least).

Write an article for nappyafro.com at least every two weeks: I sent one in last week, so I owe them one this by this weekend.

Run a mile in under nine minutes: Haven't even tried.

Learn how to make beats: Nope.

Learn to code: Picking up C++ at a good clip.


I'm gonna stop updating the following goals, due to them being put off to a late date:
-Infinite Jest
-Running a mile
-Land an Agent
-Second Novel
-Short Story Collection


I think I'm making good progress on my goals. I have no doubt I will succeed in all this by the end of the year.


-h





No comments:

Post a Comment